Today’s Topic: What are your biggest challenges with the holidays coming up?
Thankfully, most of our holiday shopping is already completed for the boys. We never stop shopping for the boys and keep things in our closet all year. It makes it super simple by spreading our purchasing over the entire year along with allowing us to shop clearance right after the holidays.
My biggest challenge is gift giving to family members. My brother always wants cash and I am not the one to normally give cash as a present. He’s with a new girlfriend and is his usual I’m-with-a-girl self which is highly annoying as he changes to like whatever the girl likes. It means that I have to figure out what the girl likes so I can pick something out that he’ll like. Maybe I’ll just skip him this year. LOL
I usually put together a couples or family gift basket for Erica, my ex-sister-in-law, and her fiancé but I have no ideas for this years basket. This year I had a fantastic idea for the boys to do for their cousins. I picked up some non-painted wooden trinket boxes on clearance a while back and I thought the boys could paint them before hitting the dollar store to fill them with little trinkets. I have some unopened board games and a few other things tucked away in the gift closet so I’ll add an item for each cousin along with the trinket box.
Next week’s topic: Hot Chocolate or Hot Apple Cider?
Think About It Thursday – Your Turn
What challenges do you face this holiday season?
The ground rules:
- No Giveaways or reviews please, we want to stick to our topic or whatever thought-provoking topic you have decided on your own. We want to get to know you personally not what you like or give out right?
- Make sure that you follow all the hosts! (Mumfection, and Home Maid Simple). Pop in and let them know you’re following via GFC and/or Facebook (or whatever your following method is).
- Only thought-provoking posts, which is why we always have a great topic for you prepared in case you are just having a blank day.
- Make sure your post has our Think About it Thursday button!
- Have fun, make some friends, follow, comment thoughtfully and above all else be respectful!
- Lastly, we would love it if you suggest some topics for us to discuss! Who knows if we pick your topic, we may feature your blog!