One Skillet Beef Noodle Medley
Who doesn’t love one dish meals? It’s easy to make, easy to serve and easy to clean up. We used to serve those boxed helper meals on a regular basis until we discovered that Little T had triggers on certain additives in boxed foods. Triggers, for those of you who aren’t familiar with that term, are sort of like an allergic reaction. If Little T eats something with one of his triggers, he has a reaction that usually cause him to act out or become overly hyper (even more than his normal hyper). So we started making things from scratch so we could control the amount of trigger additives he ingests on a regular basis. This recipe is one of those one dish wonders we love making for the kids.
|One Skillet Beef Noodle Medley|
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (8 oz.) whole kernel corn
- 1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
- 2 cups uncooked noodles
- 2 c. water
- 1 tsp oregano, crumbled
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp parsley flakes
- 4 oz. (1 c.) cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cook and stir meat and onion in a large skillet until meat is browned. Drain grease.
- Add all remaining ingredients except cheese.
- Heat mixture to boiling.
- Lower heat; simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Stir in cheese and heat for a few minutes until cheese melts, then serve.
Sometimes we don’t put corn in the skillet but have it on the side.