- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ⅓ cup chopped green bell pepper
- ⅔ cup water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh or ½ teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 whole green chilies, chopped, if desired
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 12 corn tortillas
- Shredded cheese
- green onions, sliced
- sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Saute onions in medium skillet. Add ground beef and brown; drain. Stir in sour cream, cheese, parsley and pepper. Cover and set aside.
- Saute bell pepper in medium pot. Add water, chili powder, oregano, cumin, chilies, garlic and tomato sauce to boiling, stirring occasionally; reduce heat to low. Simmer uncovered 5 minutes.
- Dip each tortilla into sauce to coat both sides. Use 6 tortillas to cover bottom of baking dish. Layer ½ of the meat mixture, ½ of the sauce, a sprinkle of shredded cheese and green onions. Cover with remaining 6 tortillas, dipped in sauce, and remaining meat, sauce, sprinkle of cheese and green onions.
- Bake uncovered about 20 minutes or until bubbly.
- Garnish with sour cream.
You can also choose to stuff each tortilla with meat mixture and roll before putting in casserole dish. Cover with remaining sauce. I prefer casserole style because it doesn't take as much time to prepare.
This post may appear at Menu Plan Monday, Mouthwatering Monday, Made It On Monday, and Full Plate Thursday.