We finally broke down and decided to buy a bread machine so we could quickly make sandwich bread and stop buying it from the store. It’s way healthier to make our own but without a bread machine can be time consuming.
Our normal go to sandwich bread is wheat or potato so of course those after making a classic white sandwich loaf, we tried both a wheat recipe (included with the machine) and a potato recipe we found online. The wheat recipe didn’t make our repeat list but the potato one we’ve made at least a few times now.
Bread Machine Potato Bread
- 14.75 oz bread flour about 3 cups
- 1 oz instant potato flakes about 1/2 cup
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 oz oil about 2 tablespoons
- 6 oz milk about 3/4 cup
- 4 oz water about 1/2 cup
- 1/4 oz active dry yeast about 2 teaspoons
- Add all ingredients as recommended by your bread machine manufacturer.
- Select settings and press start. For our machine, it’s basic – light crust – medium size loaf and takes 4 hours.
One reply on “Bread Machine Potato Bread”
[…] up new kitchen appliances and have put them to work on many occasions. We’re eating more homemade breads from the bread maker, refried beans from the pressure cooker, and a variety of foods from the […]