One of my favorite meals is kalua pig, lumpia, pancit (recipe below) and King’s Hawaiian sweet rolls. For dessert, we usually serve our pineapple upside down cake.
Author: Tim And Angi
Recipe type: Side
- 1 lb dry Chinese egg noodles blanched
- ½ lb chicken (boneless skinless thighs or breasts), cubed
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ lb ground pork
- small head of cabbage, shredded
- 1 medium sized carrot, shredded
- 2½ cups chicken stock
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp fresh black pepper
- 1 tsp season all
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Heat some oil in the pan and saute the veggies for a few seconds, enough to half cook them. Season with a little bit of salt. Set aside.
- Add some more oil and saute the garlic and onions. Add in the meat and stir fry for a few minutes until the chicken changes color. Season with salt and pepper and a dash of soy sauce. Set aside.
- Boil stock and soy sauce in the pan.
- Add in the blanched noodles. Let simmer until the noodles absorb the liquid.
- Add in the meat and mix.
- Add the veggies and seasons. Mix and let heat through.