Chicken Pot Pie
- 2 potatoes peeled and diced
- 3 carrots peeled and diced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 stalks celery sliced
- 1 cup butter cubed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 3 lbs chicken breasts boneless skinless , cubed and cooked
- 1 cup corn frozen
- Pastry for two double-crust pies 9 inches
- Place potatoes and carrots in a medium saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and set aside.
- In a large pot, sauté onion and celery in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, salt, thyme and pepper until blended. Gradually stir in broth and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add the chicken, corn, potatoes and carrots; remove from the heat.
- Line two 9-in. pie plates with bottom pastry; trim pastry even with edge. Fill pastry shells with chicken mixture. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pies. Cut slits or decorative cutouts in pastry. Place over filling; trim, seal and flute edges.
- Bake one potpie at 425° for 35-40 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Cover and freeze remaining potpie for up to 3 months.
Disclosure: Adapated from Chicken Potpie Recipe via Taste of Home