French toast is one of those foods around our house that everyone likes but we rarely make at home. It’s so simple to make but we never could get it to taste as good as restaurants. Then the other night, we were debating what type of breakfast we wanted to do for dinner (we love breakfast for dinner around here) and Tim suggested we try french toast again. He searched for some recipe ideas and we mashed them together to come up with this fantastic recipe.
- 2 slices bread
- butter melted, or a non-stick spray
- 1 egg
- 1 dash cinnamon to taste
- 1 dash vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp half n half
Pick Your Favorite Toppings
- powdered sugar
- maple syrup
- Heat skillet over high heat.
- In a small bowl, add the egg mixture ingredients. Beat with a fork or whisk.
- Turn skillet to medium-low heat.
- Spray skillet with non-stick spray.
- Dip bread into egg mixture. Flip to coat both sides.
- Place bread in skillet. Cook until bottom is golden brown.
- Sprinkle top with sugar then flip and cook until golden brown.
- Repeat spray, dip, cook, sugar, flip, cook for second (and additional) slice.
- Top with your favorite toppings.