A while back, I was craving some coleslaw and searched around for a simple recipe with ingredients that we normally have around the house and found this one.
Don’t forget to enter to win Cook’n Recipe Organizer so you can capture all of our recipes plus loads of other recipes around the web. This is the first time we’ve used the plugin below to share a recipe. Please let us know if you have any trouble with it.
- 1 head cabbage finely chopped
- 1/4 cup carrot shredded
- 2 tablespoons minced onions dried
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Be sure that the cabbage, carrots, and onion are chopped up into very fine pieces (about the size of rice kernels).
- Combine the sugar, salt pepper, milk, mayonnaise, buttermilk, vinegar, and lemon juice, and beat until smooth.
- Add the cabbage, carrots, and onions. Mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.