- 1 head cabbage finely chopped
- 1/4 cup carrot shredded
- 2 tablespoons minced onions dried
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Be sure that the cabbage, carrots, and onion are chopped up into very fine pieces (about the size of rice kernels).
- Combine the sugar, salt pepper, milk, mayonnaise, buttermilk, vinegar, and lemon juice, and beat until smooth.
- Add the cabbage, carrots, and onions. Mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Image credit: Russ via flickr