Here is a basic recipe for Indian Fry Bread. It is very simple to make and is tasty on it’s own, with honey, or served with meat and beans like an Indian Taco.
Indian Fry Bread
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup warm water
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add warm water while mixing.
- Knead dough until smooth and then make dough into fist-sized balls. Make sure you don't over knead the dough.
- Cover dough balls with a towel for 10 minutes then pat them into circles about the size of a pancake. Push your finger through the center of each one creating a small hole.
- Fry in hot oil (hotter the better) until golden brown on both sides.
- Drain on paper towels.