Indian Fry Bread
Here is a basic recipe for Indian Fry Bread. It is very simple to make and is tasty on it’s own, with honey, or served with meat and beans like an Indian Taco.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup warm water
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add warm water while mixing.
- Knead dough until smooth and then make dough into fist-sized balls. Make sure you don't over knead the dough.
- Cover dough balls with a towel for 10 minutes then pat them into circles about the size of a pancake. Push your finger through the center of each one creating a small hole.
- Fry in hot oil (hotter the better) until golden brown on both sides.
- Drain on paper towels.