Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki Clone
- 2 cups soy sauce I prefer the light soy sauce but any will work
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 tbsp ginger grated
- ¼ cup sesame seeds toasted
- ¼ cup sesame oil
- ¼ cup onion dried, minced
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tbsp cornstarch dissolved in water
- Whisk all the ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Transfer the mixture to a small sauce pan.
- Heat the sauce over low heat until the sugar begins to dissolve. This should take between 10 – 15 minutes. It’s alright if all the sugar doesn’t completely dissolve, it will eventually dissolve over time.
- In the last 5 minutes of cooking, dissolve the cornstarch in ¼ cup of water and add to mixture. This will help to make the sauce a little thicker without changing the flavor very much.
- Allow to cool and transfer to a bottle so you can put it in the refrigerator. It’s best to all to cool overnight before use, but if you are in a hurry, you can use it to marinate right away. Works great on vegetables for soy meat products.