Today’s Topic: What five things are you most thankful for?
I’ve been so busy that I haven’t had a chance to participate in TAIT but hopefully I can get back to doing these again. So what am I thankful for right now?
- Tim – He’s my rock. He’s taken on so much especially after my back surgery and constant pain. He has a good paying job that provides the necessities and a touch more for fun stuff. Plus working from home means he’s available to kiss a boo boo, tickle a munchkin, and catch the escape artist, err, I mean puppy. And don’t forget that he does a lot of the grocery shopping and he taught me how to cook as I lacked that skill when we married.
- Our boys – They drive me nuts every once in a while but they are growing into great kids. And they’re asking for a sister, two preferably. I wondered why they wanted two sisters and Drama King blurted out, “So they can talk to each other and not bother us with that makeup stuff.”
- The freedom to homeschool – I love that we have the option to homeschool our children. Our family would be a mess if we were forced to force our children into the public school system. We know that from experience.
- Our blog – I love having the opportunity to share with our readers. It’s also provided a few extra bucks here and there but manly it gives me a place to talk about me. Oh, that made me think of the song, I Wanna Talk About Me by Toby Keith. I love that song!
- Technology – I spend Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday evening away from home between speech therapy and wrestling practice so my phone has come in handy a bazillion times. The boys play games when we’re waiting. I check Facebook, Twitter and the blog from my phone. I keep in touch via text message with Tim and Grandma Deb. I take notes if I think of a blog post or item we need from the store. Sometimes I’ve even lugged the laptop with me to the boys’ wrestling practice so I can squeeze in some writing when a deadline creeps closer.
Next week’s topic: How do you pay it forward?
What are you thankful for this year?
The ground rules:
- No Giveaways or reviews please, we want to stick to our topic or whatever thought-provoking topic you have decided on your own. We want to get to know you personally not what you like or give out right?
- Make sure that you follow all the hosts! (Mumfection, Home Maid Simple, Tim and Angi’s). Pop in and let them know you’re following via GFC and/or Facebook (or whatever your following method is).
- Only thought-provoking posts, which is why we always have a great topic for you prepared in case you are just having a blank day.
- Make sure your post has our Think About it Thursday button!
- Have fun, make some friends, follow, comment thoughtfully and above all else be respectful!
- Lastly, we would love it if you suggest some topics for us to discuss! Who knows if we pick your topic, we may feature your blog!