Two Super Simple Salad Recipes Sponsor
Today we bring you two super simple salad recipes. The first one, a chef salad, is a common lunch that I throw together whenever we’re looking for a quick cold meal. It pairs well with garlic bread or a baked potato. The second one is new to our menu and modeled after a salad we ate at a local Italian restaurant.
Keep scrolling down and you’ll find a fantastic giveaway.
- 1½ pounds iceberg, romaine or mixed lettuce
- ¼ head red cabbage, shredded
- 4 carrots, peeled and diced
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces ham, diced
- 4 hard boiled eggs, peeled and diced
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 cup croutons
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 cup ranch dressing or your favorite dressing
- Tear the lettuce into bite sized pieces.
- Add lettuce, cabbage, and carrots. Season with fresh ground pepper.
- Toss with ½ cup of dressing.
- Divide lettuce mixture between 4 plates.
- Top with cheese, ham, eggs sprinkled with salt, cucumber, and croutons.
- Serve with remaining dressing on the side.
- ½ head romaine lettuce, roughly chopped
- ¼ head iceberg lettuce, roughly chopped
- 1.5 ounces Italian salami, deli thin sliced
- 1.5 ounces pepperoni, deli thin sliced
- 3 ounces mozzarella cheese, deli thin sliced
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 4 whole pepperoncini
- 2 ounces sliced black olives
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan
- 1 cup Italian dressing or your favorite dressing
- Divide the lettuce between four plates.
- Arrange the salami, pepperoni, mozzarella cheese and tomato slices covering the lettuce.
- Top with pepperoncini, black olives, and onions.
- Sprinkle Parmesan over entire salad.
- Serve with dressing on the side.
One winner will receive a $20 Amazon gift card. Another will receive a paperback copy of Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins. Two winners will each receive StartWrite 6.0 Handwriting Worksheet Software. One winner will receive a NeuYear 2014 wall calendar. If a particular prize isn’t appealing to you, please note that in your comment.
StartWrite, Inc. is offering thier StartWrite 6.0 Handwriting Worksheet Software. Startwrite is the easiest way to create customized handwriting practice sheets for your student. Follow StartWrite, Inc. on Facebook or Pinterest.
NeuYear is offering thier 2014 wall calendar. The Neu Year calendar is a stylish and innovative wall calendar designed to help you plan your goals & kick their butts! Follow NeuYear on Facebook or Twitter.