Today we bring you two super simple salad recipes. The first one, a chef salad, is a common lunch that I throw together whenever we’re looking for a quick cold meal. It pairs well with garlic bread or a baked potato. The second one is new to our menu and modeled after a salad we ate at a local Italian restaurant.
What is your favorite way to top a salad?
- 1 1/2 pounds lettuce romaine, iceberg or mixed
- 1/4 head red cabbage shredded
- 4 carrots peeled and diced
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese shredded
- 4 ounces ham diced
- 4 hard boiled eggs peeled and diced
- 1 cucumber peeled and diced
- 1 cup croutons
- salt to taste
- pepper fresh ground, to taste
- 1 cup ranch dressing or your favorite dressing
- Tear the lettuce into bite sized pieces.
- Add lettuce, cabbage, and carrots to a bowl. Season with fresh ground pepper.
- Toss with 1/2 cup of dressing.
- Divide lettuce mixture between 4 plates.
- Top with cheese, ham, eggs sprinkled with salt, cucumber, and croutons.
- Serve with remaining dressing on the side.
- 1/2 head romaine lettuce roughly chopped
- 1/4 head iceberg lettuce roughly chopped
- 1.5 ounces Italian salami deli thin sliced
- 1.5 ounces pepperoni deli thin sliced
- 3 ounces mozzarella cheese deli thin sliced
- 2 large tomatoes sliced
- 4 whole pepperoncini
- 2 ounces sliced black olives
- 1/2 small red onion thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup Parmesan grated
- 1 cup Italian dressing
- Divide the lettuce between four plates.
- Arrange the salami, pepperoni, mozzarella cheese and tomato slices covering the lettuce.
- Top with pepperoncini, black olives, and onions.
- Sprinkle Parmesan over entire salad.
- Serve with dressing on the side.