Years ago, we resorted to using lots of packaged foods and one of our favorites was stroganoff. I always assumed this was a complicated recipe that I could not make. I have slowly learned that it’s simply not true. The following recipe has become our go to stroganoff recipe. It’s quick and easy since it’s a crock-pot recipe. It takes only a few minutes to throw together in the morning. We usually serve it with egg noodles but I’d imagine you could toss in some thinly sliced potatoes for a potato stroganoff. This is an adaptation of the Steak Stroganoff recipe in Fix-It and Forget-It Cookbook.
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 2 lb boneless beef round
- 10.75 oz cream of mushroom soup canned
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 oz dry onion soup mix
- 4 oz sour cream ~1/2 cup
- 6 oz egg noodles
- Combine flour, garlic powder, pepper and paprika in zip top bag.
- Cut meat thinly into strips. Place in flour mixture and shake until meat is well coated and then dump into crock-pot.
- Add mushroom soup, water and soup mix. Stir until well blended.
- Cover. Cook on High 3-3.5 hours, or Low 6-7 hours.
- Cook egg noodles as directed.
- Stir in sour cream. Cover and cook on High 10-15 minutes, or until heated through.
Weekly Menu Plan
Here’s what we’ll be having this week. Saturday’s pot roast will be a new recipe so I’ll be sharing that next week.
(D) Steak, baked potato, glazed carrots
(L) Salad, Bread
(D) Breakfast – bacon
(L) Salad, baked potato
(D) Lasagna, Bread
(L) Pot Stickers, Egg Rolls
(D) Tacos (beef), refried beans
(L) Breakfast – Sausage
(D) Pot Roast, Mashed Potatoes, Carrot
(D) Steak, garlic noodles, corn