This month we’ve taken on a challenge – one that involves blogging through the alphabet. Did you miss a letter? Catch up now.
Eggplant Parmesan has become one of our more recent dinner items. It is great with Chicken Parmesan and a nice salad on the side.
Eggplant has become one of the few vegetables we can get Little T to eat. We use it in a few other dishes now too.
What is your favorite eggplant dish?
- 3 eggplant thinly sliced
- 2 eggs beaten
- 4 cups Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 6 cups pasta sauce divided
- 16 oz mozzarella cheese shredded and divided
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated and divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Dip eggplant slices in egg, then in bread crumbs.
- Pan fry until golden brown; approximately 2-3 minutes.
- In a 9×13 inch baking dish spread spaghetti sauce to cover the bottom.
- Place a layer of eggplant slices in the sauce.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients, ending with the cheeses.
- Sprinkle basil on top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes, or until golden brown.