#AtoZChallenge – Eggplant Parmesan
This month we’ve taken on a challenge – one that involves blogging through the alphabet. Did you miss a letter? Catch up now.
Eggplant Parmesan has become one of our more recent dinner items. It is great with Chicken Parmesan and a nice salad on the side.
Eggplant has become one of the few vegetables we can get Little T to eat. We use it in a few other dishes now too.
What is your favorite eggplant dish?
- 3 eggplant, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 cups Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 6 cups spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1 (16 ounce) package mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Dip eggplant slices in egg, then in bread crumbs.
- Pan fry until golden brown; approximately 2-3 minutes.
- In a 9×13 inch baking dish spread spaghetti sauce to cover the bottom.
- Place a layer of eggplant slices in the sauce.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients, ending with the cheeses.
- Sprinkle basil on top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes, or until golden brown.