The Best Chicken Salad Sandwich EVER!
We love shredded chicken tacos and sometimes that leaves us with some leftover shredded chicken to use for lunch. One afternoon, I wanted something quick and easy so I looked up some chicken salad sandwich recipes and combined and tweaked until we hit the perfect combination.
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup mayonnaise (or more if you like)
- 2 teaspoons dill relish
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- ¼ teaspoon Morton Nature's Seasons Seasoning Blend
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon basil
- 1 hard-boiled egg, chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- 4-6 slices of bread, toasted
- 1 tomato, sliced
- Boil chicken until it starts falling apart (about an hour or so).
- Shred chicken by hand or with a stand mixer.
- If not in a bowl, put the shredded chicken in a mixing bowl.
- Stir in remaining chicken mixture ingredients.
- Put in refrigerator while preparing the rest of the sandwich.
- Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise on each slice of toasted bread.
- Place some lettuce and tomato slices on one slice of bread per sandwich.
- Divide the chicken mixture between the sandwiches and place on the tomatoes.
- Place the mayonnaise only slice of bread on the top of the chicken mixture, mayonnaise side down.
- Serve with your favorite side. We love potato chips.
Variation: Use the chicken mixture over mixed greens or inside a flour tortilla for a different spin.