The Best Chicken Salad Sandwich EVER!
We love shredded chicken tacos and sometimes that leaves us with some leftover shredded chicken to use for lunch. One afternoon, I wanted something quick and easy so I looked up some chicken salad sandwich recipes and combined and tweaked until we hit the perfect combination.
- 1 chicken breasts boneless skinless
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise or more if you like
- 2 teaspoons dill relish
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon Morton Nature’s Seasons Seasoning Blend
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1 hard-boiled egg chopped
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 8 slices bread toasted
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 8 leaves lettuce
- 2 tomatoes sliced
- Boil chicken until it starts falling apart (about an hour or so).
- Shred chicken by hand or with a stand mixer.
- If not in a bowl, put the shredded chicken in a mixing bowl.
- Stir in remaining chicken mixture ingredients.
- Put in refrigerator while preparing the rest of the sandwich.
- Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise on each slice of toasted bread.
- Place some lettuce and tomato slices on one slice of bread per sandwich.
- Divide the chicken mixture between the sandwiches and place on the tomatoes.
- Place the mayonnaise only slice of bread on the top of the chicken mixture, mayonnaise side down.
- Serve with your favorite side. We love potato chips.
Tip: Using leftover chicken makes for a quick & easy lunch. A single boneless skinless chicken breast typically yields 1 to 2 cups of shredded chicken depending on size of the chicken breast. Variation: Use the chicken mixture over mixed greens or inside a flour tortilla for a different spin.
14 replies on “The Best Chicken Salad Sandwich EVER!”
[…] on my Cuisinart Pressure Cooker (affiliate). We’ve used it for our refried beans, to cook chicken for shredding, and recently used the pressure cooker to cook white rice when our rice […]
[…] relying on my Cuisinart Pressure Cooker (affiliate). We’ve used it for our refried beans, to cook chicken for shredding, and recently used the pressure cooker to cook white rice when our rice cooker […]
Thank you for the great recipe! Consider linking up your recipes at Recipe Inspirations link up on my blog!
I’m always up for sharing our recipes in link ups.
How interesting there is honey in it. It sounds delish. Pinning!
We love honey. We get ours from a neighbor so we use honey to keep ourselves healthy.
This would be something different for my family, I’ll give it a try.
I’d love to hear what you think of it.
I love chicken salad–and chicken tacos. Just about anything! I’m going to pin this!
We love chicken tacos, too. You might also love our Sour Cream and Green Chili Chicken Enchiladas.
Yum! I love chicken salad and this one sound delicious and easy. I would make this up and keep it in the fridge for my lunch all week. So much better than grilled cheese or peanut butter and jelly!
And you can eat it a few different ways so it wouldn’t feel like the same meal on repeat.
Sounds like a good recipe! I don’t eat a lot of meat but could sub mashed chickpeas for the chicken. Thanks!
I’d love to hear how that turns out? Would it need further tweaking to sub a mashed item for a shredded item?