Our last Chinese recipe for orange chicken was such a hit that we decided to share another of our favorite Chinese recipes, Mongolian Beef.
Mongolian Beef (PF Chang Clone)
- 2 lb flank steak
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 4 large green onions sliced
- frying oil
- 4 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp ginger minced
- 2 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
Dredge & Fry Beef Strips
- Heat frying oil to 350*.
- Slice flank steak against the grain into 1/4″ thick bite-size pieces while tilting the kinfe blade at an angle (45* or so).
- Place the cornstarch in a shallow dish and dredge the steak pieces in the fryer. Do not overcrowd fryer.
- Fry for 2-3 minutes or until the edges begin to darken. Do not over cook.
- Remove from fryer and drain on paper towels. Repeat until all beef is cooked.
- Set aside.
Make The Sauce
- In a medium skillet, heat vegetable oil over med/low heat.
- Add ginger and garlic. Stir for a minute.
- Add soy sauce and water.
- Dissolve the brown sugar in the mixture.
- Raise heat to medium and bring to a boil.
- Boil for 2-3 minutes until the sauce thickens slightly.
Combine and Serve
- Add cooked beef strips and green onions to the sauce, stirring until well mixed.
- Serve over steamed rice.