- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped fine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1 can diced tomatoes (14.5 oz)
- 1 oz diced green chilies
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- Melt butter in skillet. Add onion, bell pepper and garlic.
- Saute until onions are translucent.
- Add rice to skillet. Stir until rice browns.
- Add tomatoes, green chilies, chicken broth and water.
- Simmer approximately 25 minutes or until rice is tender.
You may need to adjust water amount based on the rice you use and your altitude.
This post may appear at Menu Plan Monday, Mouthwatering Monday, Made It On Monday, and Full Plate Thursday.