We finally were able to get around to making this recipe for the first time. Again, this is an combination of a few pot roast recipes found in the Fix-It and Forget-It Cookbook.
- 3 lb chuck roast
- 2 tbsp oil optional for browning the roast
- 4 medium potatoes 2 inch cubes
- 1 lb carrots peeled and cut into 2 inch cubes
- 2 celery ribs, thick sliced
- 1 large onion thick sliced
- 10.75 oz Cream of Mushroom soup canned
- 1 oz dry onion soup mix
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp Morton Nature's Seasons Seasoning Blend
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 cup water
- Optional: Add oil to pan. Add roast. Turn evenly to brown all sides of roast.
- Put potatoes and carrots in bottom of slow cooker.
- Place roast on top of vegetables.
- Put onion and celery around the meat.
- In small bowl, add the gravy ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Pour gravy over meat and vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours.