7 layer dip is typically the first item to vanish from every potluck where it’s served. This recipe is customizable to your own preferences and a great way to use up leftover taco fixings. Although you most commonly see it served casserole style, you can make single servings to fit different dietary needs.
7 Layer Dip
- 1 Casserole dish rectangular 9 x 13 inch
- 16 oz refried beans
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded, divided
- 16 oz sour cream
- 16 oz guacamole homemade or store-bought
- 1 large tomato diced
- 1 bunch green onions sliced
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce shredded
- 6 oz black olives sliced
- 28 oz tortilla chips About 2 regular size bags
- In a medium pot, blend the refried beans, 1 tbsp salsa, and ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese. Heat until cheese is thoroughly melted.16 oz refried beans, salsa, 2 cups cheddar cheese
- Spread the bean mixture in the casserole dish.
- Let mixture cool to room temperature.
- Spread sour cream over the refried beans.16 oz sour cream
- Spread guacamole over the sour cream.16 oz guacamole
- Spread salsa over the guacamole.salsa
- Layer the lettuce, cheese, tomato and green onions.1 large tomato, 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, 2 cups cheddar cheese, 1 bunch green onions
- Optionally, garnish with black olives.6 oz black olives
- Serve with tortilla chips.