Beef And Cheddar Sandwich Recipe
One of my favorite fast food sandwiches is the Arby's Beef 'N Cheddar with it's roast beef smothered in cheese sauce topped with tangy Arby's sauce. Now this may not be a perfect clone of their sandwich but it's pretty darn close.
- 2 lbs roast beef thinly sliced, warmed
- 16 hamburger buns
- 21.5 oz Cheddar cheese soup about 2 cans
- 5 oz milk about 1/2 of one soup can
- 1 cup ketchup
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco pepper sauce
- In a small saucepan, combine the cheddar cheese soup with milk. Heat until warmed throughout. Thin with additional milk, if needed.
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Heat to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Open each bun and spread Arby’s sauce on each side.
- Pile 2 ounces of roast beef on the bottom half of the each bun.
- Spread cheese sauce over beef on each sandwich.
- Place top side of bun on cheese sauce on each sandwich.
Store leftover sauces in an air tight containers in the refrigerator for best results.
Have you tried making your favorite fast food at home?
This month we’ve taken on a challenge – one that involves blogging through the alphabet. Did you miss a letter? Catch up now.
8 replies on “Arby’s Beef And Cheddar Sandwich Clone Recipe”
[…] ‘n Cheddar – We love this sandwich so much that we occasionally make our own version at home. The gooey cheese smothering the thinly sliced beef is […]
[…] love this sandwich so much that we occasionally make our own version at home. The gooey cheese smothering the thinly sliced beef is […]
I am so going to have to try this. I’m a huge fan of Arby’s sauce but I think Arby’s is a bit over priced. Thanks for sharing!!
Over priced was one of the reasons we searched out a clone recipe. It’s not a perfect clone but pretty darn good.
I, like a hundred million people out there, love fast food but I find it never tastes the same when I try it at home. I love cooking and I think I’m a decent cook but I try to keep my food homey and my fast food… well, not homey. You know what I mean. =)
Good luck from Diary of a Writer in Progress.
I totally understand. We live over 25 minutes from the nearest fast food joint so making it at home works for us.
Mmm, I’m getting hungry now!
Welcome to the Challenge!
Make sure you grab napkins if you try this recipe. It’s a messy sandwich!