Nachos…such a simple yet yummy dish.
Whenever we do nachos for ourselves or our boys we start with home made chips. We take thin white corn tortillas purchased from a local grocery store, cut each one into four pieces, and fry them in peanut oil.
Our boys most of the time will eat just chips, with some melted cheddar cheese on top (in the microwave for just a few seconds until it melts on the chips) and Little T likes a side of homemade salsa with his while Drama King prefers guacamole.
Sometimes they get in the mood for liquid cheese instead of melted cheese.
Super Nachos is a household favorite where we take chips, melt cheese on them and top it with seasoned ground beef, fresh salsa, sour cream, guacamole, and jalapeños.
- 1 lb tortilla chips
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 1/2 cups refried beans optional
- 12 ounces taco meat , about 1 pound uncooked
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup guacamole
- 1 cup salsa
- jalapeños sliced, optional
- Divide half of the chips between each plate. Sprinkle with half of the shredded cheese.1 lb tortilla chips, 2 cups cheddar cheese
- Repeat for a second layer of chips and cheese.1 lb tortilla chips, 2 cups cheddar cheese
- Place each plate in the microwave for 15-45 seconds to melt cheese.
- Divide beans and meat between the plates.1 1/2 cups refried beans, 12 ounces taco meat
- Top with sour cream, guacamole, salsa and jalapeños.1 cup sour cream, 1 cup guacamole, 1 cup salsa, jalapeños
This month we’ve taken on a challenge – one that involves blogging through the alphabet. #AtoZChallenge