After our missed week last week due to our busy spring weekend, we’re back sharing our menu and favorite recipes. Salsa is one of the easiest and most versatile recipes we’ve ever made. It’s basically a combination of fruits and veggies chopped and combined with spices. Why do so many people shy away from making their own? You control the quality and taste so every batch is perfect. You do not need a food processor to make salsa but it sure makes it a lot faster.
- 8 lbs tomatoes
- 8 jalapenos
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 red onion
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp Morton Nature’s Seasons Seasoning Blend
- 1 tsp lemon juice optional
- Finely chop tomatoes, red onion, jalapenos, and cilantro by hand or use a food processor on pulse for faster processing.
- Combine chopped ingredients in a large food storage container.
- Gently stir in seasonings and lemon juice.
I haven’t matched items to days again but I think this works out a little easier for us. We select the dinners and then select a few days at a time. This also allows us to use fresh veggies more often with our meals. So here’s a few meals we have picked for this week.