- 4-5 pound pork butt
- 2½ tablespoons Hawaiian salt substitute kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 1 banana leaf substitute 4-5 whole, unpeeled bananas
- 4-6 ti leaves substitute aluminum foil
- Make several shallow long cuts along the roast or pierce liberally with a fork. (This allows the salt and liquid smoke to penetrate the meat.)
- Rub with salt and liquid smoke.
- Wrap the roast with banana leaf or, place whole bananas on top of meat.
- Cut the ribs from the ti leaves and wrap over the banana leaf. Tie securely with twine.
- Roast in a 325-350 degree oven for about 45 minutes per pound.
- When meat is done, remove ti leaves, banana leaf (or bananas) and shred pork.
This month we’ve taken on a challenge – one that involves blogging through the alphabet. #AtoZChallenge