During the NFL football season, you might be looking for a new item to feature on the snack table. Why not combine two favorite snack items and make yummy pizza pretzels?
The following recipe uses Schwan’s soft pretzels but you can use your favorite soft pretzels, twists or sticks. Simply replace the pretzel cooking steps with the steps to make your own favorite soft pretzel recipe!
- 6 twist pretzels frozen (Schwan's)
- 1.5 cups pasta sauce
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning (optional)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 oz Parmesan cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place pretzels on a foil-lined baking sheet.6 twist pretzels
- Bake pretzels for 5 minutes.
- Remove baking sheet from oven.
- Evenly spread pasta sauce over pretzels.1.5 cups pasta sauce
- Evenly spread mozzarella cheese over pretzels.1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Evenly spread Italian seasoning over pretzels.1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Place pretzels back in the oven for 5 minutes to warm sauce and melt cheese.
- Move pretzels to a warm plate. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve hot.1 oz Parmesan cheese