My Most Requested Recipe: Traveling Taco
My mom made a traveling taco for me when I was younger and the first time I was asked to bring a dish to a potluck as a grown up, this was the dish I selected. Ever since this has been my go to potluck dish and is one of my most requested recipes. Shh! Don’t tell anyone that we’ve even been known to have traveling taco for dinner.
This is very kid friendly because they can help with almost every step of the process even at a young age.
- 16 oz [url src=”href=”https://www.timandangi.com/2012/04/20/atozchallenge-refried-beans/”]refried beans[/url]
- 16 oz sour cream
- 16 oz [url src=”https://www.timandangi.com/2011/04/04/guacamole/”]homemade guacamole[/url] or Wholly guacamole
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 6 oz black olives, sliced (Optional)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- [url src=”https://www.timandangi.com/2011/04/04/fresh-salsa-and-guacamole/”]salsa[/url]
- In a medium pot, blend the refried beans, 1 tbsp salsa, and ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese. Heat until cheese is thoroughly melted.
- Spread the mixture in one 9×13-inch rectangular casserole dish..
- Let mixture cool to room temperature.
- Spread sour cream over the refried beans.
- Spread guacamole over the sour cream.
- Layer the lettuce, cheese, tomato and green onions next.
- Garnish with black olives.
- Serve with tortilla chips or pita bread.